27 septembre 2010
|De Amazon Kindle 3|
I received my Amazon Kindle3 on the16th of september. I very much enjoyed this new way of reading books anywhere, everywhere.
But, after ten days, I had problems with my Kindle 3.
I tried to manage my Social Networks but was not abble to pass from Twitter to Facebook and the system seemed to freeze.
But after that I was able to read with a great pleasure. This morning also.
Then I was very pleased to find rare books from the Public Domain Books and I downloaded them to my dear Kindle.
But suddenly, the Kindle was not connected and it asked me to restart from the Settings in the Menu but I did not find this fonction.
I wanted to look at my list of books, Home, by clicking on a pdf book that I had already read and there I had a message saying that the function of reading of the pdf was not implemented. But I could read yet several books under this format. I tried to return to other books, I had a white screen with in top the Oxford Dictionary I consulted yesterday.
I wanted to open another books already read or that I had just downloaded, but then I always get an empty screen with in top in the bar the first title of the library: Adolphe of Benjamin Constant. I tried to return to the Menu in Settings for Restart like that was advised on the first screen, but in vain.
I went to page 3 and I clicked on the function Social Networks Manage and then everything was frozen.
I extinguished manually and started again Kindle but it returned to an empty screen with the Settings title at the top without movement.
The screen is white as when Kindle is extinct.
I connected Kindle to MacBook, but Kindle did not go up on the desk and there’s no screen post as that was usually done when it charged its battery.
I did everything you said in case of frozen Kindle without any result.
The battery was with less its half.
I had downloaded more than 200 ebooks.
I had also some files of music MP3.
Thank you very much to help me.
indie author who was so pleased to have a good tool to read everywhere
That was the rapport I sent to the Amazon support site.
Amazon answered me in the day :
Updating your kindle to the latest software version can help solve intermittent problems. I would recommend downloading the early preview release of Kindle software version 3.0.2,
You can download the latest Kindle software update to your computer and transfer it to your Kindle via USB. Here’s how:
1. Visit the link below to download the latest software update file directly to your computer:
2. Turn your Kindle on and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
3. Use your computer’s file browser to copy the update file from your computer to the Kindle root directory. (The root directory contains a number of folders — such as « audible, » « documents, » and « music » — and is typically denoted by a « device » icon).
4. Check your file browser’s file transfer progress bar to ensure that file transfer to your Kindle is complete. When you’re confident the file has transferred successfully, you can use your computer’s unmount or eject function to safely disconnect Kindle from your computer.
5. Disconnect the USB cable from Kindle and your computer.
6. Go to the Home screen, press the Menu key, and select « Settings. »
7. Press the Menu key again, and then select « Update Your Kindle. » (This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed.)
8. Select « OK » when prompted if you want to perform an update.
I hope this helps. Thanks for using Kindle.
Did I solve your problem?
If yes, please click here:
If no, please click here:
Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.
To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.
Your feedback is helping us build Earth’s Most Customer-Centric Company.
Everything is allright ! I can go on with my Kindle in my pocket…
|De Amazon Kindle 3|
© gaelle kermen 2010